If you are being harassed, threatened, or stalked by a neighbor, friend, co-worker, or even a complete stranger, Feldman & Lee PS can help you take legal action.
We will review your unique situation, help you file a petition in court, and ensure that an anti-harassment order is granted in your favor.
Areas we serve
If you believe someone is harassing you in Washington State, Feldman & Lee PS can help you obtain ample protection and solid legal representation.
Our lawyers serve clients in King County and Snohomish County, including the cities of Kent, Everett, and Lynnwood. We’ll help you submit the necessary paperwork and advise you on the best course of action.
What is a civil anti-harassment order?
An anti-harassment order is a special type of protection order that prohibits the respondent (the person who is harassing you) from contacting you and keeping you under surveillance. It also requires the respondent to maintain a certain distance away from your home or workplace.
Grounds for civil anti-harassment in Washington
Washington State law defines “harassment” as a set of willful actions over a period of time that:
- Annoys, alarms, or harasses you and serves no “lawful or legitimate” purpose
- Causes a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress
- Causes you to fear for your child’s well-being or safety
The law states that harassment must involve a set of acts. A single episode, regardless of how much it annoyed, alarmed, or threatened you, is not considered legal harassment.
With civil anti-harassment orders, you are not required to have any specific type of relationship with the alleged abuser. This means you may opt to request for a civil anti-harassment order instead if you do meet the requirements to get a domestic violence order for protection due to:
- Your relationship to the respondent
- The fact that the incident does not legally constitute domestic violence
How do Washington courts decide if acts are legitimate or lawful?
The court considers the following when determining whether a person’s actions serve a legitimate purpose:
- Is the respondent contacting you, or are you contacting each other?
- Has the respondent received clear notice that you do not want any further contact?
- Is the respondent’s behavior designed to annoy, alarm, or harass you?
- Are the respondent’s actions disturbing your privacy or establishing an unfriendly, threatening, or offensive living environment for you?
- Has there been a previous court order that limited the respondent’s contact with you or your family?
Justice for victims of civil harassment and abuse
If you are pursuing an anti-harassment order in Washington, your first step should always be to consult an attorney.
They will advise you on what evidence to present to court, build an argument that proves you need legal protection, and represent you throughout your case. Having a seasoned attorney on your side can help alleviate a significant amount of stress and anxiety.
If you are a victim of harassment or fear that you are at risk, our attorneys at Feldman & Lee PS will help you get ample protection and restore your peace of mind.
Trusted protection order attorneys in Kent, Everett, and Lynnwood.
Whether you are petitioning for or defending against a civil anti-harassment protection order in Washington State, it’s essential to have a skillful attorney on your side who can help you understand the immediate and future consequences of this order.
The lawyers at Feldman & Lee PS are knowledgeable in matters involving civil Injunctions. We will walk you through your options and responsibilities, ensuring your rights are protected throughout the process.
- Over 40 years of experience – Our attorneys have provided thorough insight and dedicated service for Washington residents involved in harassment, criminal defense, family law, or domestic violence matters.
- Personalized attention – We are problem solvers who follow a client-first approach. Our reliable legal advocates will evaluate all aspects of your situation and assist you every step of the way, from drafting your testimony to filing a petition
A Washington law firm on your side
The idea of testifying in court can feel overwhelming, especially for victims of civil harassment. Working with an experienced lawyer can give you the confidence to seek the protection you deserve.
Our attorneys are familiar with the courts and prosecutors in Washington. We will help assess if your case qualifies for a protective order and guide you through the filing process.
By hiring a local attorney that cares about your safety and has prior experience with civil anti-harassment protective orders, you can ensure that your case is in good hands.
Speak with a Washington civil harassment protection attorney
Civil harassment of any form can have lasting effects on your freedom and well-being. Harassment laws can be complex, and it takes someone with knowledge of the law and experience with local courts to get you the best possible outcome.
Feldman & Lee PS understands the difficulties involved in pursuing a civil anti-harassment protection order. Our legal advocates will investigate your situation, help present the facts in court, and demand appropriate protection for you and your family.
Schedule a consultation today for top-notch legal advice.