Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Kent, Lynnwood, and Marysville
You consider yourself a rather peaceful person – you go about your life comfortably avoiding unnecessary conflicts and enjoy a relatively trouble-free existence.
One day you are walking outside of a public building and slip on a slick patch of sidewalk at the entry way. Or you sustain a serious head injury when an object falls from a ledge of a department store. Or perhaps a newly mopped floor in a grocery store with no warning signs causes you to slip and injure your lower back. Suddenly your peaceful life is disrupted and perhaps forever affected. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, contact an attorney at Feldman & Lee PS before you sign anything sent to them from an insurance company.
Personal Injury Lawyers for Accidents and Slip Fall Injuries
You are certain that the responsibility for your injury rests with the individual or business upon whose premises you had your accident – after all, it was their negligence that led to the incident in the first place. Yet, you decide to wait, not wanting to appear combative or even worse, money grubbing.
The truth is, property owners and businesses have a duty to maintain safety within their premises. If, as a result of someone else’s negligence, you slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may file a claim against the property owner or business. However, the possibility of recovering compensation for your damages is still contingent to factors that are relevant to your situation.
At Feldman & Lee, we work to secure your rights and get you the compensation you deserve for your slip and fall. We understand that there is a statute of limitations (three years) in which you can take legal action for your injury. Contact a Seattle slip and fall lawyer at Feldman & Lee today.
We routinely assist clients with situations and conditions related to the following:
- Slip and Fall
- Trip and Fall
- Back Injury
- Head Injury
- Slippery Floor
- Sidewalk Defect
- Neck Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Fall from Ladder
- Premises Liability
- Broken Bones
What to Do After a Slip and Fall
As stated earlier, the possibility of recovering compensation for your injuries depends on factors that are unique to your situation. To substantiate your claim, there are some things you must do following a slip and fall:
- Seek medical attention. Your health and well-being should always come first, so you must go to the hospital as soon as possible. In addition, the defendants may try to say that the injuries for which you seek damages were unrelated to the slip and fall. Seeking medical attention the soonest time possible will help you document any injuries you suffered.
- Gather evidence. If your post-fall condition allows it or if you are with company at the time of the slip and fall, take photos of the exact spot where the incident occurred. You also want to obtain video surveillance and the names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Report the incident. If the slip and fall happened in a retail establishment, alert the staff so they can make proper documentations. If it took place in a hotel or in a home you rent, report the fall to the hotel manager or your landlord.
- Contact a slip and fall attorney. If you believe that someone else is responsible for your slip and fall injuries, divulge as little as possible until you’ve had the chance to speak to your lawyer. Insurance companies may try to speak to you and look for information or to offer small sums in exchange for signing a waiver. When this happens, politely decline and speak with after a personal injury lawyer has evaluated your case.
Common Defenses Property Owners Employ in Slip and Fall Cases
Recovering compensation for the damages you sustained from the trip and fall involves proving that the injuries resulted from the negligence of the property owner. However, some property owners would try to evade liability by shifting the blame on you.
Some of the most common defenses property owners use include:
- The conditions that led to the slip and fall should have been obvious to you
- Warnings of possible danger have been adequate; there have been warning signs and markings that indicate the location of the dangerous area
- Your slip and fall happened due to a lack of awareness on your end
- Your slip and fall had been due to inappropriate clothing or behavior; therefore the miss had been on your part
To make it difficult for the property owner to diminish blame and shift the responsibility on you, make sure to discuss all relevant information with your slip and fall attorney. This includes the area, conditions in the area, and what you were wearing during your slip and fall. It’s important that you disclose any medical documents, photos, and witness statements that you were able to gather, to allow your attorney to create a substantial case and demonstrate a lack of responsibility on your part.
Let our skilled attorneys help you determine general damages (pain and suffering) and special damages (medical necessities related to the accident) and help determine a course of action based on the relationship between these areas. Our first concern is for your well being – once you are in optimal physical condition, we will work on your behalf and provide the strong representation that you need – you need not bypass getting the remuneration you deserve simply because you are uncomfortable with the combative aspects of pursuing a suit – let our friendly legal professionals work to your satisfaction.
Contact Feldman & Lee for a free initial consultation today.