The knowledgeable truck accident injury attorneys at Feldman & Lee PS help victims of truck accidents pursue the compensation and sound resolution they deserve after their accident. Our team looks out for your best interests to ensure you receive fair compensation from the at-fault party or an applicable insurance company. When we take on your case, you can count on us to answer your legal inquiries and keep you in the know every step of the way.
Kent, Lynnwood & Everett Truck Accident Lawyers
If you file a truck accident claim in the city of Kent, your case will be processed at the Kent Municipal Court at the King County District Court South Division. As a result of the pandemic, all court proceedings for truck accidents are heard via a video conference. Having a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side will make the whole process seamless and easy on your end.
Data released by the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) showed that 116, 416 vehicular crashes took place in Washington in 2019 alone. Of these numbers, 162 involved heavy trucks or tractor-trailers. The city of Lynnwood contributes to these statistics with fatal crash accidents being reported left and right. Anyone filing personal injury charges in Lynnwood would benefit from hiring a capable Lynnwood truck accident lawyer to be there with them every step of the way.
The city of Everett’s personal injury cases, including truck-related lawsuits, are filed with the Everett Municipal Court. Filing can be done with the help of our Everett truck accident lawyer, although plaintiffs also have the option to file electronically or by standard post mail. Truck accident injuries can be devastating and life-altering; as a victim, you shouldn’t have to deal with the damages on your own. Feldman & Lee’s team will fight to help you hold the at-fault party accountable, whether you’re partly responsible or not.
Our seasoned truck accident lawyers in Kent, Everett, Lynnwood, will make sure your side is properly heard in court. From obtaining evidence to negotiating compensation, our team will handle the hard part so you don’t have to.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Just like any auto accident on the road, crashes or collisions involving large trucks can have several causes. These are just a few of the common ones:
- Fatigue: The work of a truck driver is highly stressful. Often, trucking firms will require drivers to transport goods to a particular destination within a short period. It means that truckers will have to drive long distances with little rest or few breaks. The lack of sleep, both in quantity and quality, may cause truck drivers to lose their coordination and focus while on the road. They could potentially fall asleep while driving and without them knowing it.
- Lack of Maintenance and Truck Driving Training: Before an individual can drive a commercial vehicle, he or she needs to follow specific regulations and pass training requirements. Sadly, some truck drivers cut corners and somehow find a way to get on the road. Untrained truckers pose a hazard to other road users on the highway. If these truck drivers are unable to maneuver their vehicles in poor weather conditions, they could collide with other motorists and cause a disastrous road accident.
- Speeding: Truck drivers have to meet the deadline imposed by their employers. Because of that pressure, these truckers sometimes drive faster to arrive on schedule. Driving too fast can be dangerous, as drivers will be unable to maneuver around roadway obstacles promptly or negotiate curves properly.
- Drugs and Alcohols: Some truckers turn to alcohol and medication to stay awake and alert at the wheel. A study published in Reuters, in fact, revealed that truckers admitted to using amphetamines, marijuana, and cocaine while on the job. Once the stimulants from the drugs wear off, however, truck drivers are likely to fall asleep on the road and inadvertently collide with other motorists.
- Distracted Driving: Transporting goods on long distances for several hours can get boring. This boredom, unfortunately, may compel drivers to perform activities to stay occupied, such as eating and texting. These activities can take a motorist’s eyes on the road and cause a road accident.
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
When an auto accident involves a semi truck, the damage sustained by the body is often severe, debilitating, and life-changing. A few of the common injuries resulting from a truck accident include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: a collision could damage your spinal cord and lead to partial or total paralysis of the body.
- Burns: both your and the semi truck’s fuel tank could rupture upon impact and cause a fire that engulfs the surrounding vehicles. Other drivers and passersby could suffer severe and painful burns.
- Lacerations: Sharp glass shards and metal can be thrown during a crash, cutting and permanently disfiguring the skin.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: A loaded truck can be approximately 20 to 50 times heavier than a passenger’s vehicle and could damage someone’s brain in a collision; leading to permanent neurological conditions or other grave collision related medical issues.
Compensation You Can Receive Following a Truck Accident
When you’re severely injured in an accident involving a semi truck, you need a semi truck accident attorney that can recover compensation from the at-fault party or the insurance company involved. The damages you can recover from this accident case include:
- Medical Costs
- Loss of Consortium
- Property Damage
- Modifications Necessary for Vehicle Use and Home Living
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses
Hire a Semi Truck Accident Attorney
After your accident, you need to get in touch with a semi truck accident lawyer. While you’re recovering, the right truck accident law firm will:
- Collect and preserve evidence from your accident
- Investigate and build your legal case
- Contact and interview witnesses of the incident
- Determine the party responsible for the accident
- Negotiate with insurance providers
Serving the Truck Accident Victims of Washington
When you need legal assistance in a semi truck accident case, don’t trust your financial future and legal rights in just anyone’s hands. Hire the truck accident injury attorneys of Feldman & Lee PS to get the comprehensive assistance you deserve. We provide legal representation to victims in Kent, Everett, Lynnwood, and other areas across Washington. With over a decade of experience in personal injury cases, you can count on us to help you get the compensation you’re owed.
Fill out our contact form or call (425) 771-3600 to arrange a free legal consultation with our team.