Domestic violence isn’t something that any person should have to deal with on their own.
At Feldman & Lee PS, we help victims of domestic violence obtain orders of protection to prevent further harm or fear of injury. Our attorneys will assist you throughout the filing of the petition and help you and your family feel safe at home again.
Areas we serve
Feldman & Lee PS represents victims of domestic abuse in Everett, Lynnwood, and Kent. Our domestic violence attorneys in WA will aggressively protect your rights, help secure a protective order against your abuser, and ensure no further harm comes to you and your family.
Defining domestic violence in Washington State
Around 15% of adults in Washington State have experienced some form of domestic violence in their lifetime. In addition, 1 in 8 adults report having been injured by an intimate partner, while more than 1 in 6 10th graders have been coerced into unwanted sexual activity
If you or your children have suffered sexual or physical harm or been threatened abuse, you can seek protection using a Domestic Violence Protection Order.
Domestic violence refers to “physical harm, assault, bodily injury, or the infliction of fear of imminent bodily injury, assault, or physical harm between family or household members; (b) sexual assault of one family or household member by another; or (c) stalking.”
A domestic violence protection order can be obtained when the abused person and the abusive person:
- Are related by blood or marriage
- Have child(ren) in common
- Are current or former spouses or domestic partners
- Currently reside together or who previously resided together
- Have an established dating relationship and are 16 years of age or older
- Have a biological or legal step-parent or step-child relationship
What a domestic violence protection order covers
A domestic violence protection order can restrain the respondent from:
- Residing in the family home
- Causing sexual or physical harm to you or your children
- Stalking, harassing, molesting, or threatening you or your children
- Interfering with your care or custody of minor children
- Removing your children from Washington State
It may also provide protection for your pet(s).
A domestic violence protection order, however, cannot:
- Order or establish child support payment
- Legally designate property to either party
- Establish permanent child custody
- Accord permanent use of the family home
These issues must be settled in separate court actions.
Violations and penalties
Violation of a protection order in Washington State may result in severe penalties, including mandatory arrest, up to one year in jail, and a $5,000 fine. If the violation involved assault or reckless endangerment, the respondent may be convicted of a Class C felony.
The importance of getting legal counsel
If you are seeking a protective order against domestic violence, the court will require evidence that you have been harmed or are threatened of being harmed again.
Our Washington protection order attorneys will help demonstrate to court that you and your children were victimized by domestic abuse. We can assist in gathering tangible evidence, including medical records, police reports, and/or eyewitness testimony.
Likewise, we will help you file the necessary paperwork at your county courthouse and advise you on other ways of protecting your family and assets.
Reliable protection order attorneys in Washington
If you or your children have suffered from domestic violence, it’s important to know the legal protections available to you immediately.
Feldman & Lee PS can help you obtain an order of protection and fight for the safety and the well-being of your family. If you already have a protection order in place, we can aggressively represent you at any hearings and in any communications with the respondent.
Likewise, if you have been falsely accused of domestic abuse or have a protection order filed against you, we can help you determine how to best proceed.
- 40+ years of experience – We provide top-notch legal counsel to countless clients throughout Kent, Lynnwood, and Everett.
- Meticulous and trustworthy – Our attorneys take the time to understand your unique situation and take a strategic approach so you can obtain protection immediately.
- Outstanding courtroom representation – Should your case go to trial, trust us to provide aggressive representation and unique solutions that meet your immediate and future needs.
Take legal action now
In domestic violence cases, a protective order may be the most effective way to restore your peace of mind and feeling of security.
While it may seem impossible to stand up to an abuser, retaining an experienced lawyer can help give you the confidence to leave an abusive relationship and safeguard your family from further harm.
Our experienced attorneys can help you pursue protection immediately and avoid further stressful situations during this difficult time in your life.
Seek relief from domestic abuse
In domestic violence cases, it is always a good idea to have an experienced attorney by your side.
Our firm is committed to defending those who have been victimized or threatened by domestic abuse and violence. We can also assist you with matters involving divorce, separation, child custody, and child support.
If you require assistance in filing an Order of Protection, contact Feldman & Lee PS. We will guide you through the legal process and stand up for you in court so you can effectively transition to the next phase of your life.